Pages

Tuesday 27 December 2011

2011 craft fairs - Bridge of Allan and David Lloyd

I realised I haven't posted about 2 craft fairs I attended this year. The first was the Bridge of Allan Art and Crafts festival. This was held on Nov 5th this year, and was the first time Bridge of Allan, just outside Stirling in Scotland, had held this sort of event. I grew up in Bridge of Allan so it was great to be able to take part. There were 3 different venues in the village, and I was in the Royal Hotel.
This is the facebook page for the festival: click here
It was a great success, with loads of different artists there. I had a lot of lovely comments about my jewellery, as well as some sales. I also had some ideas to expand my range after suggestions from interested people. If I met you at the craft fair, thanks very much for looking at my work and stopping to chat. I received so many nice comments from people, it was really encouraging!
I even made it into the paper as a result of the fair...
That's me, bottom left of the page!

I also took part in the David Lloyd Anniesland Christmas Fair at the start of December. Unfortunately it was less of a craft fair than just a sale - mostly manufactured stuff; I think I was the only one selling hand-made items. Which meant I was quite a bit more expensive than everyone else! However, I made a sale which more than made up for my time there that evening. Thanks to everyone who took a business card and stopped to chat :o)

Hopefully in 2012 I'll attend some more sales, and I'll try to post advance notice on this blog for anyone who'd like to come along. I'd really like to get a stall at a high class craft sale, but we'll see what comes along....

No comments:

Post a Comment